If you are wondering how to bring into line your legal career with your passions or are puzzled with matter in the vein of following and more…
- How or where to start look for legal jobs?
- There’s so much contradictory information about the legal job market that I feel weighed down !
- Are legal job search strategies different from other kinds of job searches?
- What exactly is “networking,” and how do I do it?
- Should I go for litigation or become an in-house counsel?
- I have a law degree, do I necessarily have to pursue a career related to law? Can I change my career stream now?
- Are there job options beyond litigation and corporate?
- Are there any avenues for Lawyers in Media ?
In this situation, looking for an experienced and qualified career counselor becomes necessary. Career Counselors will assist you in successfully navigating your path to a more fulfilling Career by helping you discover your potential and aptitude and accordingly suggest the right route to choose.
There are a number of misbeliefs that are widely held while choosing a career.
- For instance, if my father, sibling or uncle is happy in a certain field, I will be too!
- I am scoring well in a subject hence I will be successful in that field.
But the fact is that each person is unique. What works for one, may not work for another. Just because a job holds a very good place in the society, does not mean that job is right for you. There needs to be an understanding of your own competencies as well as your interests and your academic performance is not necessarily the right indication of your aptitude.
Selecting a career option decides your course of life.
While a good choice can make your life pleasing, a wrong one can ruin it.
Keep in mind that these decisions are permanent. In case of confusion it is best to take specialized help. Career counseling is probably the best choice in this case.
This article has been authored by Rituparna Prasoon from Team LawSkills.